Sunday, March 20, 2011

O’Reilly Bracket Series Results Sunday 3/13/2011 Super Pro

O’Reilly Bracket Series Results Sunday 3/13/2011

Super Pro
Winner – Bill Arning
R/U – Eddie League, Jr.
Semis – Glen Stepan

Well, I didn’t think I’d have to cross this bridge this early in the season, but here I am.  This past Sunday’s Super Pro Winner was me, Bill Arning.  When I started the Bracket Racing Houston blog, my intention was to write unbiased results for each race and then a personal story about my experiences.  So, after much thought, I decided to write the results in the third person, just as I would write about anyone else, keeping with my original intention.   My personal thoughts will be in a separate article.

In Sunday’s 1/8th mile contest at Royal Purple Raceway, Friendswood’s Bill Arning took home the winner’s trophy in Super Pro over Runner-up Eddie League, Jr., from Deer Park.  Arning, driving Richard Cook’s ’79 Firebird, used a .010 reaction time average throughout 7 rounds of eliminations to top the 52 car field.  Eddie League was able to buy back in after a first round loss to multi-year Super Pro champion Bart Nelson, who sustained a stellar .006 reaction time average through his 4 rounds on Sunday.  League was then able to incite red lights from Mike Dollins and Terrance Harrison and weather a .003 light from John Patterson on a double breakout.  Eddie went .010 and dead on against South Houston’s Daniel Martinez, earning him the bye into the finals to face Bill Arning.  Fresh off of round wins over a dead on Glen Stepan, Chuck Talley’s untimely equipment failures and an ever-so-slighly breaking out Bart Nelson, Bill took a .016 reaction time advantage all the way to the stripe in the final. 

The race of the weekend award goes to Sunday’s round 4 of Super Pro, where Jonathan Johnson and Friendswood’s Kenny White ended in a dead heat at the finish line, both having .008 packages for a .000x margin of victory for Johnson.




No comments:

Post a Comment